Saturday, March 12, 2011

Paintball Paladin

So things have been pretty OK lately. Mostly I've just been chilling out. Today I decided to beat the boredom by inviting a good buddy of mine over to paintball for awhile.

One thing about paintball is you spend more time talking about paintball than actually doing it even when you're suited up and ready. Even when we finally decided to play, we only did one game and we stopped when my buddy ran out of paint.

Despite ending our game prematurely, the fun of the day had just begun. I had been previously notified by my brother that I would have to go through "initiation". Basically initiation is when a noob to paintball runs in front of several guys while they shoot him until he runs to a certain goal.

I wasn't exactly in favor of this but I wasn't going to let the guys think ill of me because they had all supposedly done it before. To assure the present company that I wasn't a wuss I accepted my fate while shaking in my boots.

Before I started running I wasn't too freaked out. I'd never exactly been shot by a paintball gun very close let alone three guns firing mercilessly at the same time so I didn't know what to expect.

I can't remember a time when I'd felt that much pain at one time in my whole life. I felt every shot even after I was pumped with adrenaline. My Buddy James was toting a Tippman A-5 which is an extremely high-powered gun. Earlier in the day I'd witnessed him shooting holes in a thick plastic bucket.

A you can imagine I have quite a few welts on various parts of my body. I knew when I was being hit my James because he always aims for my ass.

Well, that's what happened today. Hope you enjoyed reading it.

-Tully

1 comment:

  1. Tully The language you use on your blog is unacceptable

    ReplyDelete