Thursday, February 3, 2011

Making Some Money?

Hey, what's up people? I have nothing to do tonight so I thought I'd update my blog. So do any of you watch youtube videos? And by "watch" I don't mean every once in a while. I'm talking about subscribing to certain youtube celebrities and watching their videos regularly. I'm one of those people. I'd say I spend around an hour a day on the computer just watching youtube every day. Some might say it's a waste of time but I figure if you enjoy something and it's not wrong in some way, why not do it every so often? I know you guys agree.

I've been thinking lately about starting my own comedy youtube channel, or at least a vlog channel. I don't have a good camera but I figure if I come into any money soon, purchasing a camcorder might be a good investment. I'm not really sure about that though because there are other things I need to be saving my money for. A trip to Alaska, college fund, and a car to name a few. So perhaps a camcorder would need to wait; at least until I get a steady job.

I have had one job before. It was last year over in Idaho. I wrote all about it in my other blog, so if you're interested in the details check out my profile and click the link to "Believe Me I Know". The last of the money I made in that job was spent just recently. Money sure does have a way of magically disappearing little by little, especially when Christmas rolls around. The holidays were pretty rough on my wallet last year. I bought several seemingly expensive gifts for my family including two digital cameras, a board game, a knife, and a video game. So I was pretty much broke thereafter.

I think I mentioned a trip to Alaska earlier. The deal is this summer me, my friend James, and my brother Nolan, are supposed to go on a two week trip to Alaska. Of course long trips anywhere are very expensive. If we travel by plane (which I'm sure we will) I'll have to have $500 by June. If we go by car I'll need to obtain a passport and last I heard they cost around $70. If we go by car I'll need about $100 for food and gear. And I'd probably need to pitch in for fuel. I might have to end up earning around $200 if we travel by car.

So the next big thing I need to do is make some money. I do wish to go to Alaska but if I am to go, I need to get my rear in gear. I'd still have enough money to go now if I hadn't been so foolish with the money I'd earned over the summer. Just goes to show that I can't be trusted to use my own cash wisely. Whenever I get another job I'd better save every cent. I also need to have a budget when it comes time to buy gifts for people. As long as I have no cash flow, nothing is gonna happen.

So audience! What temporary jobs would you recommend? I'd really appreciate any advice I can get from you people!


Thanks Much!
-Tully

No comments:

Post a Comment