Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sorrowful Days

So there's been some hard times going on this week. A good friend of the family had his feelings hurt pretty bad by us. Me and my brothers joke around a lot.In this case we joked a little to much more than said friend could handle. He sent an email to my mom about how offended he was by our behavior and I guess he didn't realize we were joking most of the time...

At first I only thought my brothers were at fault because they joked way more than I did and they were more severe when they did it. But then I evaluated myself and realized that I was a slight problem myself. I did make a few jokes and comments that I thought were funny to our friend as well. But that's all they were. Jokes...

It was mostly insult based humor and a lack of appreciation for all the help he's given to this family. At least that's what it said in his email. My brothers are mostly at fault. I've always tried to hold him in high regard and treat him with respect but I guess I didn't make enough effort in doing so because he lacked to mention my kindness. It makes me embarrassed to be in the company of the people I am ashamed to call my brothers.

How can I live in harmony with those who ridicule the people I am close to. I really don't factor in when my brothers are around. I'm in the crowd with them so I must be participating in their shenanigans. That's what it looks like to other people anyways. I can't endure this any longer. I have to break away soon. Don't get me wrong. I do love my brothers, but they're too much to handle at times. Our dear friend found that out the hard way.

Time will tell if our friend ever decides to come back this way again. I would't if I were him especially after sending an email like the one he sent. It was quite harsh and really he had no business sending it. IF the jokes we made offended him as badly as he said they did than he could have said something to us rather than causing all this drama.

I had no problem with our friend all the time we've known him. He's quite a sweet man. But I might rather not see him again now that he's wounded this family with his speech. All he really had to do was speak up. I took the hint of how he was acting. I quit joking after awhile. But while my brothers continued I was with them so he hates me equally.

I am angry that he wouldn't say something to us. I'm more angry at my brothers than him though. If they would have just shut their mouths there would be no problem. But they simply had to continue making the hurtful comments until it was too late. I did warn them that they had offended him. I warned them many times. They rebuked my warning and mocked me.

Now Our friend is gone. He was a special friend to us and he couldn't have left at a worse time than he did. There isn't going to be any forgiveness by him to us. He will indeed hate us for quite awhile. I really don't blame him. Like I said, I would too.




-Tully

1 comment: